Monday, April 14, 2008

Raise the Curtain - Whispers Becoming a Shout

Howling Latina posted earlier about Republican talking points that Obama is a Communist.

In furtherance of this sham and shuck, Judge Andrew Napolitano of "Brian and the Judge" on Fox radio asked Sen. Joe Liberman today whether he thought Obama was a Marxist.

Here's the response from the real 'Judas,' courtesy of Think Progress:

“I must say that’s a good question,” replied Lieberman, before stepping back to say that he would “hesitate to say he’s a Marxist."
But not to be foiled from the truth, Napolitano followed up his line of questioning with this persistant quip:
Hey Sen. Lieberman, you know Barack Obama. Is he a Marxist as Bill Kristol says might be the case in today’s New York Times? Is he an elitist like your colleague Hillary Clinton says he is?
And so the faithful servant had no recourse but to open up the gates of doublespeak with dramatic poise equal to his station as the Democratic turncoat.
Well, you know, I must say that’s a good question. I know him now for a little more than three years since he came into the Senate and he’s obviously very smart and he’s a good guy. I will tell ya that during this campaign, I’ve learned some things about him, about the kind of environment from which he came
ideologically. And I wouldn’t…I’d hesitate to say he’s a Marxist, but he’s got some positions that are far to the left of me and I think mainstream America.
Indeed, the question was exceedingly praiseworthy -- as he said time and again; all that's missing from the dénouement of this epic farce is the traitor's kiss.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?