Tuesday, September 26, 2006

George Allen is a Big Fat Liar


With each passing hour, more testimonials about Sen. George Allen's use of the N-word while in college.

So far, three former college football teamates including Dr. Ken Shelton, Larry Sabato, political analyst extraordinaire, Doug Thompson, a business executive and fellow GOPer, Christopher Taylor, an anthropologist at the University of Alabama and former acquaintance, and a few anonymous sources too scared to publicly come forward have confirmed that in spite of what Allen claims, he did use racial slurs as a young man and even later.

Indeed, blacks weren't the only targets as Thompson notes:

In 1991, while serving as Vice President for Political Programs for The National Association of Realtors, I attended a GOP fundraiser where Allen, then running in a special election for the U.S. House of Representatives, was one of the featured guests.

[...]

As a representative of the nation's largest trade association and heading up what was then the country's largest political action committee, I was often cornered by politicians wanting contributions. George Allen was no exception.

"I need your help and support," he said. "Virginia is an old-fashioned state with traditional ideas. Just because we've got a black face in the governor's mansion doesn't mean the niggers are taking over." Doug Wilder, America's first African American Governor, had taken office in Richmond a year earlier.

[...]

During my next 12 years in Washington, I would run across Allen at one event or another. I tried to stay away from him. I didn't like him (and still don't) but all too often found myself nearby when he issued a long string of racial epithets, ethnic slurs and jokes that would qualify as racial harassment in any workplace.He would call Arabs "rag heads" and Afro-Americans "niggers" in normal conversation with other Republicans. They would laugh at his racist jokes. When he and another well-known Senate Republican racist, Montana's Conrad Burns, got together the slurs would fly like confetti through the air.

Howling Latina supposes that Allen's hateful racial slurs directed at every ethnic groups is his sadistic way to equalize the hate all around; you know, his sick idea of racial equality.

Yep, this latest story thread serves to prove that the goober is an equal opportunity hatemonger. Expect more and more "real" Americans to come forward and affix the final nails to Allen's moribund campaign.

And in the spirit of this post, here are dirge lyrics from Bob Dylan;
I hate myself for lovin' you and the weakness that it showed
You were just a painted face on a trip down Suicide Road.
The stage was set, the lights went out all around the old hotel,
I hate myself for lovin' you and I'm glad the curtain fell.

I hate that foolish game we played and the need that was expressed
And the mercy that you showed to me, who ever would have guessed?
I went out on Lower Broadway and I felt that place within,
That hollow place where martyrs weep and angels play with sin.

Heard your songs of freedom and man forever stripped,
Acting out his folly while his back is being whipped.
Like a slave in orbit, he's beaten 'til he's tame,
All for a moment's glory and it's a dirty, rotten shame.

There are those who worship loneliness, I'm not one of them,
In this age of fiberglass I'm searching for a gem.
The crystal ball up on the wall hasn't shown me nothing yet,
I've paid the price of solitude, but at least I'm out of debt.

Can't recall a useful thing you ever did for me
'Cept pat me on the back one time when I was on my knees.
We stared into each other's eyes 'til one of us would break,
No use to apologize, what diff'rence would it make?

So sing your praise of progress and of the Doom Machine,
The naked truth is still taboo whenever it can be seen.
Lady Luck, who shines on me, will tell you where I'm at,
I hate myself for lovin' you, but I should get over that.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?