Thursday, August 17, 2006

Still Crazy (And Tanking) -- After All These Alerts


After the latest terror alert, Bush is tanking even more at the polls. oh yea, still crazy telling terror tales of old.

Geez, what does a guy have to do around here to get some hair-raising fear and dread to boost the popularity of a hated president?

In the latest Zogby poll, the president's approval rating keeps on plunging, plunging, plunging...

President Bush’s job approval rating dipped two points in the last three weeks, despite the foiling of an airline terror plot and the adoption of a cease–fire deal between Israel and Hezbollah forces in Lebanon, a new Zogby International telephone poll shows.

The survey was conducted Aug. 11–15, 2006, included 1,018 respondents, and carries a margin of error of +/– 3.1 percentage points.

The numbers continue to reflect erosion in the President’s political base – just 62% of Republicans give him positive marks for his job performance, while 38% give him negative marks. Even among weekly WalMart shoppers – a demographic group identified by Pollster John Zogby as a critical support group for Bush – just 45% now give him positive job marks, though his numbers among those shoppers have improved 10 points since early June.

And as everyone knows, as WalMart goes, so goes the nation; read it and weep, you GOP blowhards!

In the meantime, here's a little tune from Paul Simon to cheer your spirits.

I met my old lover
On the street last night
She seemed so glad to see me
I just smiled
And we talked about some old times
And we drank ourselves some beers
Still crazy afler all these years
Oh, still crazy after all these years

Im not the kind of man
Who tends to socialize
I seem to lean on
Old familiar ways
And I aint no fool for love songs
That whisper in my ears
Still crazy afler all these years
Oh, still crazy after all these years

Four in the morning
Crapped out, yawning
Longing my life a--way
Ill never worry
Why should i? Its all gonna fade
Now I sit by my window
And I watch the cars
I fear Ill do some damage
One fine day
But I would not be convicted
By a jury of my peers
Still crazy after all these years
Oh, still crazy
Still crazy
Still crazy after all these years

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?