Monday, August 08, 2005

Members of congress are responding to constituent concerns over Karl Rove's role in outing a CIA operative with courtly mindfulness.

Contrary to what party hacks would like you to think, that's it's no big deal, legislators have come to realize that the public is none too happy about the breach in national security. Just today I received a response from Rep. Jo Ann Davis, R-VA, to my initial letter of complaint.

In her letter she says, "I certainly understand your concerns surrounding allegations that Karl Rove leaked pertinent, classified information to the media. I can assure you that I do not support any individual who poses a threat to our national security."

Why I couldn't have framed the issue better myself.

In spite of Republican talking points, I am happy to see a few Republican legislators undertand how the outing of Valerie Plame may have done irreparable damage to the global fight against terrorism and rogue nation's use of weapons of mass destruction against the West.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?